Saturday, July 30, 2016

2016 book 135

Amy Stewart's Lady Cop Makes Trouble
The sequel to Stewart's Girl Waits With Gun is more of the same, though I was definitely way more interested in the characters than the story this time around. When things start off protagonist Constance is now a deputy, but not really officially--and when a prisoner escapes on her watch, things aren't looking great for her new career. She's determined to catch him and prove herself. That part isn't as interesting as her making some career women friends (including a reporter!) and trying to figure out how to help a new prisoner who cheerfully confesses to shooting someone. I appreciate the feminist perspective here, but I guess I just wish this was slightly more /exciting/? I mean, it is all based on a true story, which limits the excitement, I guess! Anyway, it is well written and I enjoy Constance very much. And I LOVE the cover. B+.


__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released in September.

No comments: