Wednesday, November 23, 2016

2016 book 187

Shannon Hale and Dean Hale's The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl: Squirrel Meets World
I am being one hundred percent sincere when I say that this may be the best book I have ever read. It was completely adorable and hilarious--I was giggling out loud all evening--and it honestly restored my faith in humanity during a dark time. This Squirrel Girl origin novel--focusing on a 14 year old Doreen starting a new high school in New Jersey--totally channels the humor and personality of the comics and kicks it up a notch. Plus it is effortlessly diverse and effortlessly charming. I love all of Hale's writing, but Hale doing Squirrel Girl is a complete dream team. Seriously. GREAT. A.


__
A review copy was provided by the publisher. This book will be released in February.

No comments: