Friday, December 30, 2016

2016 book 202

J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
OK, so you all know I am a major HP fan, like I even like the epilogue and don't mind that everyone marries the person they started dating at like age 15. But I will forever give side-eye to the major Invisibility Cloak-related retconning here. And don't even get me started on Dumbledore. Even in death, Dumbledore gives rambling exposition-filled crybaby speeches. I would like him so much more if an editor had had a slightly heavier hand here! And Snape just can't be redeemed--fine, he (and Draco) aren't purely evil, but they are still both total jerkfaces. High five for awesome lady battle scenes though. And for a world so rich and full that it makes me wonder if they have like, wizard optometrists. (Where does Harry get new glasses from?? Can wizards just fix eyesight? Wand laser eye surgery?)

No comments: